The Cruise Chronicles



Thursday, September 2, 2010

HI HO HI HO - It's off to play I go!

Well it's that time again where I have to start packing to go back to work. As I pack, I can feel that strange familiar feeling creep up on me. It is a feeling of trepidation. Every contract that I embark on is completely different then the one before. It is not like working at the bank where I used to work. Every morning I knew I could count on Jennifer Bayer having a bowl of candy waiting at our adjoining wickets or Karen wearing her signature black stretch pants 3 times to small. The familiar faces that came to my wicket (and the faces that avoided my wicket). The same gray and blue walls, the same weekly goal setting meetings. The only thing that did change at the bank was the date stamp! Contrary to bank, with the start of every new contract: different ship, different decor, different itinerary, different crew. What I do know about this contract:  I will be working on two vessels. The first I will be reunited with my friend Chicken, the second vessel my very good friend and Cruise Director JB; both from the United Kingdom.

As I pack I think of some of the people I will miss. If you will just bare with me for a rare self indulgent moment as I name a few:
I will miss my mom, Phyllis Pearl who has a huge piece of real estate in my heart. I will miss my Big Brother posse Steve who keeps my wine glass full and his wife Karen who has given up her ruffled purple collar! I will miss their children: Ryan, Luke, and Jamie. I will miss my Kia Rio and miss the crazy bead lady who owns the one and only bead store in the town where my mom resides. I will miss the One eyed Pirate and her cackle and the one she is HAPPILY married to: Chad. I will look forward to my sister Tammy's care packages and all of my sister Laura's advice on how to make my blog reach a wider audience.

Now that I have gotten all my peeps out of the way I hope that you all become followers of my blog! I will see you all in ten days with my first chronicle on board a vessel on the high seas!

5 comments:

  1. well, I think the black on the dark blue is hard to read. Otherwise It looks very sea worthy! Good luck on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great!! also the gray on the aqua is hard to read... Looking forward to sipping coffee and reading all about your escapades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastel blue? A little gay perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels and keep us "blogged" (since keeping us "posted" is sooo last year)...LOL

    ReplyDelete