The Cruise Chronicles



Saturday, October 22, 2011

Taking my power back.



My previous post on Friday was a bit morbid and yes maybe a tad self indulgent however it was not a cry for help, but a necessary step to take to stop my self from suffocating in self loathing.

Today, however, today is the day I take back my power. Today I remember who I am. Remember my calmness. My confidence.  Remember my friendships that I've cultivated on the merit of who I am. I think that it’s impossible to go back to who I was before the sadness set in. That’s ridiculous.  I am a different person now. I mean it has been two years. I’m simply going to get back on my journey. Although I don’t have a road map, I am giving myself 30 days. 30 days to clear out this fucking cloud that has been in my head. I am giving myself 30 days to get back to me.
My friend Tracy says if you want to run faster you have to run faster. So I am taking that advice to heart. If I want to love myself, I have to start loving myself and one thing I love about myself is my quick wit! 

1 comment:

  1. things I love about calvyn:
    you are amazing
    you are hysterically funny
    you are gorgeous and smart
    you are entertaining
    you are supportive and generous
    did i say amazing?

    all this after only 2 weeks. imagine what would happen if i saw you more than that. i may rape you.

    ReplyDelete