The Cruise Chronicles



Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Drunken Vegan



Right, let me start by saying that I completely fell off the Vegan train yesterday and the day before. Am I worried? Do I feel ashamed... no, I don’t. It’s part of my journey.

It all started with a Vodka Red bull with the cruise director, Phil. Then a second. By the time 2:30pm rolled around I was feeling very buzzed, but on a good note, I did the best mini golf competition of my career. Having Vodka reminded me of why I don’t drink Vodka. It affects me differently than red wine does. In fact it affects my Cousin Karen differently too. Well, Karen it affects Karen worse as she becomes Uncle Eddie and believe me, no one wants to be like Uncle Eddie.

At any rate that night for dinner I skipped the chick pea for a slice of pizza. I know, I know. Pizza! I guess I shouldn’t drink anything until I have been a vegan for a lot longer in order for my convictions to become a part of me. It was really good pizza though. Deep dish, 4 cheeses, Sausage with scrambled eggs on top…wait…no…sorry that is what I had for breakfast the morning after on account of the Vodka Hangover. How do people drink vodka? Ugh… never again.

So today I go on my merry way continuing my vegan journey and tomorrow night I leave for Detroit. I started to pack and discovered the Lemon Cake Slice I bought last week at the airport. It is very stale, but continues to find my bag an area of refuge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment