The Cruise Chronicles



Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Sterns


They’re here…. They’re loud, they’re opinionated, and they’re coming to a ship near me! Actually they are already here and I am always very excited to see the Sterns. They are a family of four that sail with me and every time I see them on my ship I know my week will be that much more interesting.

The family (who has a fifth member, as second daughter named Naomi, whom I have never had the opportunity to sail with) are from Boca Florida By way of New Jersey. Meryl is the Matriarch, Jesse – the quietest of the gang- her husband, Alicia the daughter and rounding out the gaggle we have Jason. Now Jason is the most fascination of the group. He is 18 and a member of Cruise Critic and knows more about my company than I do!  

Although the Sterns may seem abrasive at first, I have to tell you that they are guests that are a lot of fun and genuinely care about myself and of course having a great amount of fun.

My favourite times with the Sterns are late at night sitting on the back of the lido deck, playing boggle on one of their six iPads and talking over one another trying to get each of our opinions across to the rest the table.
Sometimes Jason, Alicia, and I take Mama’ Sterns’ scooter that she has just recently got and ride it around Lido Deck in timed laps. I have yet to be beaten!

With crossing the Atlantic, I have listened to guests bitching and moaning and complaining about this and about that and 90% of it is just idle words coming in my ear and going out. Give me a legitimate complaint, and I will bend over backwards, but coming at me to tell me that the lights in the atrium are changing color to fast….? Are you kidding me? Leave me in peace to drink a cosmopolitan. So it is relaxing to be able to sit with guests such as the Sterns, or Gretchen and Perrier, or Janet and Bill and just talk about each other’s lives and the day’s events. Those are the guests I want to surround my self with. Those are the guests I consider my cruising family.  

2 comments:

  1. Ok I must say on the scooter races. Pictures or it didn't happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to be one of those guest. Hoping I get to cruise with John again and meet you. You make a great team. My husband puts the video of you and john(hunchback drawing) again and again.It would be a dream to go back to the Med.

    ReplyDelete