The Cruise Chronicles



Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 1 – Cabo with a chance of Europe



Being on a plane heading to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with a plane chalk full of spring break vacationers is not my idea of a good time. The only thing that is missing is the ultra-tacky balloon hats that usually accompany guests coming back to the ship after spending time abusing their kidneys at Senor Frogs or Carlos and Charlie’s. Jen Baxter and I would sometimes go up behind the guests and pop their balloons with a very sharp pin. We would call it a pop and run.

I am doing a vessel transfer – moving from one ship to another within a few days of each other- but for how long I will be on this ship is still up in the air as I am being considered to go to Europe. Whether or not that will come to fruition is a whole other story. Going to Europe would be great as I would be on the start-up team for a brand new ship. What a continent to start going vegan!!!  

Speaking of vegan, I am on Day 1 of my 40 days. I woke up with a rediscovered feeling of Christmas morning… alright, that is a bit of an overstatement, but I am excited nonetheless. I went to Starbucks and had a Soy Latte. I saw lemon cake there. Now I have never been a sweet eater, but somehow it was calling my name.  It truly was… it sounded like a little squirrel. Well at least I thought it sounded like a squirrel. I never have heard a squirrel talk before. But it is the voice was how I imagined a squirrel to talk. A high pitch squeaky voice…  wait a minute, maybe it was my voice I was hearing. At any rate, I purchased the Lemon cake. I wasn’t going to eat it, but somehow, when I bought the lemon cake, I lost my want for it. Ahhh, a classic game of cat and mouse, much like my relationship with the midget.  So there it the cake sits, in my bag en route to Cabo and maybe on to Italy. I think I will keep it with me as a reminder of the day I discovered that I have an unhealthy relationship to lemon cake.
I have three intentions in my new Vegan Lifestyle.

Intention 1:
Days 1 -6              I would like to eat a super food diet – Foods that are earth foods, organic to the earth

Day 7                     I would like have, if I desire, some french fries (cooked in vegetable oil NOT in the same     fryer as meats) maybe some cabatta bread (no dairy in cabatta) and of course wine (vegan researched of course)  
Day 1-7                 drink 4 liters of water a day.

Intention 2:
Yoga practice 6 days a week

Intention 3:        Be present when I breathe

For me it’s not a matter of “Can I do this or not?” – that is a stupid question. The question is can I honour myself by creating room for intention.  As my not so close friend Barack Obama says, “yes [I] can”
Alright I have just ordered some wine from the flight attendant (I am starting with Day 7)
Ciao for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment