The Cruise Chronicles



Monday, March 21, 2011

Vegan Schmegan and Mazizmuse|Home

Who ever said God Bless a Chickpea had obviously not eaten them for six weeks straight. Deciding to become  vegan while working on a cruise ship probably was not the smartest decision I have made in recent years. It wasn't the dumbest decision I have made either. Take quitting my job at a Vancouver Design Firm to Run off to Mexico with a midget for instance - not smart. But such is life and her many twists and turns; with respect to the decisions I made three years ago that led me back to the marine industry I whisper a Hallelujah that everything worked out for the best...eventually.

Still sailing the high seas once again, I have made a conscious decision to forgive myself and move on by bringing my heart mind and soul back into the present and become self aware and feel that joining the vegan movement will be just that. Now before people start thinking that I am joining the ranks of Charlie Sheen, I can assure you that I am still the guy who loves to sit and gossip like I did before, I still talk about Beavers and spread the word about Canada's national animal. I still prefer piping instead of flange around my pillow, and I still drink copious amounts of wine.

Why Vegan? Well Being 3 years celibate has really made me aware of how self centered I was. It has allowed me to respect myself and become a fabulous listener (even to the most inane stories - cue eyeroll). That being said, having the intention of being Vegan will help me nutritionally become a stronger and more vibrant human being. Now before all the Birkenstock wearing, tree hugging hippies get all excited about this, let me say that I am not going to learn to knit and I will NEVER buy corduroy pants from a thrift store or spin hemp in the woods.

I am committing myself to 40 days of "Veganism" and softly explore yoga (without LuLu Lemons!). On a ship it will be difficult, but I feel as if I am up for the challenge. As an old friend would say "Giddy-up!"

P.S.

As a side note I have to tell you about a great new home design line. It's called mazizmus|home. She is a Vancouver Designer and her pillows are ridiculously fantastic! http://www.etsy.com/shop/mazizmuse and has been featured on Style at Home online magazine!



I   

4 comments:

  1. It is good to see you are still alive and well? Take care and hope to sail with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete