The Cruise Chronicles



Monday, June 20, 2011

To Perm or not to Perm that is the Question


Being sick in Venice is not the greatest thing in the world, but as my longest friend, Tracy Vines-Gibbons says, it’s better than being sick back in Canada.

Being so bored of bed rest, I decided to walk out my door and crash the dancer’s party that was going strong in Chris’s cabin. At first appearance one would think that Chris liked rainbows and unicorns as he is tall and slender with a wardrobe more tailored then the headquarters at GQ magazine; however he is a definite ladies’ man...most likely.

Along with Chris, there was Holly, who I have worked with for a few contracts. I can honestly say that Holly is like my personal plastic surgeon because whenever I see her my day gets an automatic lift. Positive, fun, I love being around her.

Kendall was also in the room: the girl who has an elegant bohemian style and emits a warm glow whenever she smiles.

On the bottom bunk we have Nathaniel who has quit the company and is counting the days to where he will be arm in arm with his boyfriend back in LA. I have known Nathaniel back when he was dating poultry (or just a guy named Chicken Little – I guess we all have our skeletons – I dated a midget).

Rounding out the peeps was Jo. There are two ways to describe Jo: the first way is the way the world sees her, the second is the way I see her, or used to see her I should say.
It all started innocently enough with me talking about the upcoming birthdays. Leonnie, a host, is turning 25 years old and I commented about how young she was compared to me and Jo and that is when all hell broke loose:

ME: Leonnie is so young compared to me and you, Jo.

JO: How old do you think I am?

ME: I don’t know… 32.

JO: 32!?!

HOLLY: You can’t be serious, Calvyn (not helping me, Holly)

JO: 32!?!

ME: Well, I just figure because of your perm.

JO: WHAT!? You think I have a perm?

ME: Err… It’s not?

HOLLY: O.M.God, Calvyn. (again, not helping me, Holly)

JO: Let me just be clear on this. You think I am 32 with a Perm? I think I am about to cry. Chris hand me those potato chips.

ME: I’m sorry, Jo, I just really thought it was a perm. Now that I know, you don’t look 32.

JO: Oh thanks. 32 and Perm… (Biting into a chip) Ugh, Chris these have no salt.

CHRIS: I'm retaining water. 

Needless to say, I am so happy that Jo is very forgiving. I can say that I probably won’t be able to go over to her and Holly’s cabin for treats anymore, but now that I know her hair is natural, she does look her age of 26!

Now if you will vote for yourself on Jo's hair on the left hand side of the blog... thank you!
Nathaniel, far left, next to him is Chris,  he's a ladies man alright

No comments:

Post a Comment