The Cruise Chronicles



Friday, June 17, 2011

Vancouver


When I heard that Vancouver Canucks lost to Chicago Bruins 4 touchdowns to 0, I was disappointed. When I got word that there were riots in the streets of Vancouver, I was horrified.

61 people seriously injured, tear gas, looting, arson, 2 police cars overturned. What really gets my blood boiling is that the riots were caused by the low class vermin that come from the surrounding communities. I don’t know about you, but when my sports team doesn’t win, I don’t go around smashing store windows in, I may crush a few bags of chips in the snack aisle at Safeway in order to vent, but flipping police cars? What the hell is wrong with these people?!

By nature we are animals trying to live in an organized society, but I don’t see polar bears flipping over icebergs or beavers getting up in each other’s dams.

Vancouver has been voted the second best city on earth to live in and is obviously not immune to vandals and as I look at photos taken of the riots it looks as if the city is suspended in a post-apocalyptic time warp. Let’s look at a photo shall we?


Alright, well I have to go now, I just got word that the food and beverage department just kicked the entertainment department's ass in a soccer game up at sports square, and so I am going to go a ransack the gift shop!

1 comment:

  1. If it wasn't so sad, this would be funny. OK, you are still funny. Cheers, Gayle

    ReplyDelete